DOE STUDENT ACCOUNTS
DOE Student Accounts
To keep students connected and meeting academic requirements when learning remotely, the DOE has created student accounts for every single New York City public school student. The account gives your child access to Google Classroom and Microsoft Office 365. They will be able to use tools such as:
● Google Drive ● Google Classroom ● Microsoft Teams ● Microsoft Word ● Microsoft Excel
● Microsoft PowerPoint
Where do students find their account ID and password?
To retrieve your account ID and password:
1. Go to Student Account Self Service
2. Enter your 9-digit Student ID number. (You can find your Student ID number on a report card, your student ID card, or in your NYCSA account.)
3. Enter your birthday.
4. Click Continue.
5. If the information you enter matches your student record, your username will be displayed.
6. Your student ID is your username followed by @nycstudents.net. For example, if your username is JaneD, your student account ID is JaneD@nycstudents.net.
How do students access Google Classroom?
To access Google Classroom:
1. Go to https://accounts.google.com/
2. Enter your DOE Student Username.
3. Click Next.
4. Enter your password.
5. Click Next.
6. If the username and password entered are correct, you will be signed-in successfully.
How do students access Office 365?
To access Microsoft Office 365: 1. Go to portal.office.com
2. Click the account ending in @nycstudents.net.
3. Enter your email and password.
4. If the username and password entered are correct, you will be signed-in successfully.
Get More Help
If you are unable to access your child’s student account, contact your child’s school. The DOE has created a report of every student and their email address, and made it available in STARS Classroom.