September 2021 PTA Elections
June 2021 PTA Meeting - June 22nd @ 6PM
May 2021 Elections
Our Virtual Meeting will be held on
Thursday, May 27, 2021 at 6pm
Elections will take place this month for the following positions:
School Leadership Team (SLT)
Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
One Title I Parent Representative
We need you to help support our school!
If you are interested in running for one of these positions, please email us at email@example.com
by May 24, 2021
Remember to Register to Vote first at the following link:
Play an important role in the decision making process that includes topics such as education, culture and guidelines for our community.
- The School Leadership Team (SLT) is a group of people who develop educational policies for their school. They also make sure there are resources to support those policies.
- Meetings are held on the 3rd Thursday of each month from 3:10 pm to 6:10pm.
- Two school years term
- Core members: Principal, PTA President, United Federation of Teachers Chapter Leader
- Other members: equal number of elected parent representatives and staff members
- P.S. 163 is Title One school
- We need parent leaders to represent our school community to decide how to use the funding to better serve our families.
PTA Core Members
- serves as a mandatory member of the School Leadership Team (SLT)
- conducts and chairs all PTA meetings
- attend monthly district 25 President Council meeting
- sign PTA checks with treasurer
- plan and host all PTA activist and fundraising events
- keeps records of all income and expenses by the PTA
- prepares the January Interim Financial Report, June Annual Financial Report and all other monthly reports
- sign and deposit checks and money to PTA checking account
- Recording secretary
- records motions, votes, decisions, financial activity, reports and discussion at all meetings.
- prepares all meeting notices and agendas for distribution at association meetings.